The speakers are
Anne Berit Eie Torbjørnsen, Jon Vidar Strømstad and Svein Friis
They will focus on evaluation and development of treatment milieus.
- What are the characteristics of a therapeutic milieu?
- How can ward atmosphere be measured and used in systematic programs to develop and sustain therapeutic milieus?
Anne Berit Eie Torbjørnsen
- is a psychiatric nurse. She has been working with the Ward Atmosphere Scale (WAS) since 2009.
- As a head nurse she has been focused on the perspective of professional leadership and how it affects the therapeutic milieu in psychiatric wards.
Jon Vidar Strømstad
- is a psychiatric nurse and assistant ward leader
- He has also been working with WAS since 2009.
- He is an experienced clinician and places himself in a psychodynamic tradition of ‘relational treatment’.
- is an emeritus professor of psychiatry
- since 2014 he has been associate editor of Schizophrenia Bulletin.
- He has comprehensive experience in evaluation of treatment programs and has used the Ward Atmosphere Scale since 1972.
- His research has demonstrated the need for differentiation of therapeutic milieus, and the challenges in developing a therapeutic milieu.
He has been awarded Knight of the Royal St. Olav’s Order.