Despite a growing evidence base for the effectiveness of psychological therapies for people suffering with psychosis, access to these interventions has been scant.
A plenary session at the ISPS conference will focus on the details of a national, England-wide strategy to ensure everyone presenting with a first episode of psychosis can access high quality CBT and Family Interventions and MAKE REAL CHANGE HAPPEN.
The speaker is:
She will focus on:
- Putting psychological therapies on a par with medication.
- Offering genuine choice. A step-by-step guide to the strategy to improve the availability of psychological therapies for people suffering with psychosis across England.
- Is a clinical psychologist with a special interest in CBT for psychosis.
- She works as an Expert Advisor to the Adult Mental Health Progamme at NHS England.
- She works clinically in an Early Intervention in Psychosis service in the North of England.
Has a keen interest in implementing both evidence and values based care.